Top 18 Recruiting Software Tools and Hiring Solutions of 2021
What Are Recruiting Software Tools?
Recruiting software helps in-house hiring managers and recruitment agencies to manage and streamline the process of job posting, sourcing candidates, resume evaluation. Most of the recruitment tools are aimed to automate the recruitment process and the repetitive, tedious tasks that inevitably go along with it. By introducing modern technology that eliminates routine paperwork, human resources staff get more resources for both improving the quality of the hiring process and investing time for self-development.
Along with increased recruitment teams’ productivity, hiring tools help improve candidate experience levels and ensure a positive impression of the brand. According to LinkedIn, companies with strong employer brands see a 28% reduction in the organization’s turnover and get 50% more qualified candidates. Job seekers, who have had a pleasant experience during the recruitment process, are likely to tell others about it, either online or in-person. As a result, thanks to an employer brand, an HR department can grow its pool of potential candidates even without posting to career sites and job boards.
For those hiring technical talent for IT or technology-based job roles, the talent shortage is among the most pressing issues. Hence, recruitment software becomes even more essential to make fast and confident hiring decisions and avoid missing out on a top candidate because you weren’t quick enough.
There are now hundreds of startup and enterprise-grade recruitment solutions with seemingly identical functionality available for recruitment teams. Apparently, with so many options present in the HR tech market, it becomes challenging to pick the most suitable software. To simplify the selection and buying process, AmazingHiring selected the best recruiting tools for different stages of the recruitment life cycle to match both your budget and expectations.
Applicant Tracking Systems
Hire by Google (UPD: The tool is no longer active)
“Hire is a recruiting app by Google that uses AI to make the hiring process faster and simpler. With Gmail, Google Calendar and other G Suite integrations, Hire streamlines administrative tasks so that your team can hire the best people, faster.”
Main features of Hire by Google:
- Customized hiring stages for different job roles;
- Career portal optimization for Google search;
- Team collaboration over the candidate profile.
Workable is an all-in-one recruiting software offering intuitive tools to streamline the whole recruiting process. The system allows you to post and promote vacancies, source candidates with a built-in candidate search engine, screen candidates’ resumes and schedule interviews via a smartphone, track applicants, manage talent pools and plan budgets. One of the main benefits of Workable is a quick and easy onboarding process. New users are typically able to post their first within day one, with no training sessions or user manuals required.
Main features of Workable:
- Custom interview kits and scorecards for actionable feedback;
- Integrated background check & EEO/OFCCP compliance;
- Talent pool management.
SmartRecruiters is an enterprise-grade recruiting software to attract, select and hire the right candidates. It delivers the best experience to both recruiters and job seekers leading to hiring success. Additionally, SmartRecruiters offers various adds-on to their core product, one of them being SmartAssistant. SmartAssistant uses artificial intelligence (AI) technology to screen resumes and surface top talent instantly.
Main features of SmartRecruiters:
- Full CRM and sourcing capabilities;
- ATS to assess candidates, collaborate with the team, communicate with candidates and schedule interviews;
- Hiring processes administration.
Sourcing Tools for Tech Recruitment
AmazingHiring is an AI-powered talent acquisition platform. Focused on technical sourcing it delivers the best experience by providing one-click access to the largest tech candidates pool, fullest tech stack information and wide personalized communication capabilities to stand out from the crowd.
Main features of AmazingHiring:
- AI-technology that builds a pipeline list of the most relevant profiles for the role;
- Consolidated candidates profiles with contact information, tech skills, achievements and professional background;
- A wide range of filters including related to diversity ones;
- A free chrome extension that shows the candidate’s social and professional profiles and perfectly works in pair with the AmazingHiring sourcing platform.
HackerRank is a comprehensive tech skill assessment tool that helps to standardize technical recruiting and provides candidates with real-world tests and interviews they enjoy. Seamlessly integrated with your ATS, it will help you automate your work and optimize the hiring process.
Main features of HackerRank:
- Extensive library of questions and wide customization opportunities;
- CodePair with convenient analysis functionalities;
- Recruiting performance measuring;
- Easily scalable for enterprise teams.
Devskiller is a tech sourcing, screening and skill mapping platform which can take over the whole evaluation process. It helps companies make tech skills assessment their competitive advantage by creating challenging and clear tests.
Main features of Devskiller:
- Coding test generation basing on the job description;
- Customizable assessment and multiple questions types;
- Automated coding scoring;
- Multiple frameworks and libraries support.
Job Description Software for Recruiters
Textio is an augmented writing tool that utilizes a data-driven approach to improve job descriptions’ messaging in real-time and brings powerful language guidance to all your employer brand content. The tool is capable of attracting active job-seekers, engaging passive candidates and even creating augmented hiring teams within a company.
Main functions of Textio:
- Inclusion guidance around age and ability bias;
- Textio competitive index allows you to track how you sound compared to competitors fighting for the same talent;
- ATS integrations with Greenhouse or Workday.
HR Tools to Communicate with Candidates
Calendly is scheduling software that works with your calendar to automatically check availability and help you connect with your best contacts — no more back-and-forth emails. The free pricing plan includes the most useful features needed for the standard application process. However, if you have more than one hiring party involved in the process, a paid plan might be a more suitable option.
Main features of Calendly:
- Integrated with Google, Outlook, Office 365, and iCloud calendar;
- Time zone intelligence;
- Convenient for teams: collective and round-robin meetings, team pages, admin features;
- Website embed and GoToMeeting, Salesforce and Zapier integrations.
Zoom is an easy-to-use video conferencing tool with free personal meetings functionalities. Can be very comfortable for scheduling and conducting online video interviews with high-quality video and audio, recording, screen sharing, and more.
Main features of Zoom:
- Convenient scheduling with Outlook, Gmail and iCal;
- Meeting recordings and transcriptions;
- Chatting, content and screen sharing.
ZAPinfo is a comprehensive chrome extension that can bring automation to all aspects of communication with candidates. It accelerates the outreach time with one-click data sharing capabilities with 100+ sites that can be used for sourcing candidates.
Main features of ZAPinfo:
- Bulk profiles extraction from multiple sites;
- Contact enrichment with email, phone, social profiles links, background, skills and more;
- Automatically customizable outreach templates;
- Consolidated profile creation which is easily downloadable as a PDF file.
Mixmax is a popular email automation tool for Gmail that helps to accelerate the productivity of communications with candidates. Integrated with the most widely-used CRM and ATS Mixmax will perfectly fit and enrich your recruiting stack.
Main features of MixMax:
- Advanced email tracking;
- One-click meeting scheduling;
- Personalizable sequences with custom variables.
Learn more about AmazingHiring and Mixmax integration here >>
Lemlist is an email outreach tool that gives recruiters the ability to personalize messages, automate follow-up, and track email performance. success of your emails. It is also a email automation platform that allows users to automatically generate personalized images including company logo, company name, employees name, etc.
Main features of Lemlist:
- Automated email follow-ups;
- Email personalization;
- Personalized images and graphics embedded to the emails.
Enboarder is an experience-driven onboarding platform on a mission to make your new hires feel welcomed. Tech recruiters can design engaging digital content that is automatically delivered to new employees according to a timeline that is easily customized.
Main Functions of Enboarder:
- Virtual spaces for bonding between newbies and their teams;
- Coaching for managers to succeed in virtual onboarding.
BambooHR is software for managing the employee onboarding process. It helps recruiters create an engaging onboarding experience for new hires, which makes them productive faster. The tool eliminates paperwork and allows you to set up welcome emails and IT checklists in advance for more meaningful introductions.
Main Functions of BambooHR:
- Built-in electronic signatures;
- A customizable new-hire packet;
- Ability to automatically send onboarding tasks for new employees.
Recruitment Marketing Software
Beamery’s Talent Marketing platform helps to build relations with candidates and improve the employer brand. It allows you to focus on candidate engagement rather than posting a vacancy and waiting for applies.
Main Functions of Beamery:
- Candidate journey building with the automation of campaigns and communication to engage prospects;
- Event management functionalities from landing page creation to staff collaboration;
- Recruitment performance, candidate happiness and talent promoter scores measurement;
- Talent and alumni network building.
Clinch is a recruitment CRM that brings together content marketing and talent acquisition technologies. It helps to build a strong employer brand and deliver the best candidate experience. Inside Clinch, you’ll find the ultimate marketing toolkit to drive your recruiting to the next level.
Main features of Clinch Talent:
- Complete customizable assets to build recruitment marketing campaigns: pages, content forms, CTA’s, workflows, and more;
- Wide content publishing and advertising possibilities;
- Built-in SEO for job pages;
- Customizable end-to-end reporting.
Collaboration Tools for Your Recruiting Team
Slack is a collaboration hub perfect for project discussions and file sharing. It makes online communication as easy and efficient as personal.
Main features of Slack:
- Channels for every discussion with threads functionality sharable with partners outside the company;
- Voice and video calls;
- A searchable history of all the conversations and files that’s ever been posted;
- Integration with JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk and more.
Trello is easy to use task manager convenient for team collaboration. It helps to organize and prioritize projects with customizable boards, lists and cards.
Main features of Trello:
- Timing and task assignment;
- Checklists, comments and attachments right on the cards;
- Integration with Slack, Zendesk, Google Drive, and more services;
- Synchronized across all devices.
Microsoft Teams is a hub for teamwork in Office 365 which enables you to collaborate with your colleagues in a securely shared workspace.
Main features of Microsoft Teams:
- Group chats, online meetings and calling with teammates and people outside the company;
- Collaboration on built-in Office 365 apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Integration with Microsoft apps and other services.
As can be seen from the above list, the recruitment software market is large and diverse. The age of AI, chatbots and social recruiting is around us and, hopefully, better things are still yet to come into the recruitment process.
While not every business needs the same tools or automation levels, we are confident every recruiter will find something useful from this list. If you are hesitant about which tool is the most suitable for your case, we recommend starting with identifying your goals and the must-have features that will support them.
Free sample list of the tech candidates
AmazingHiring aggregates tech profiles from 70+ networks like GitHub, Stackoverflow, Facebook, Kaggle, XING. Book your free sample list of the candidates for any vacancy now.
Join the AmazingHiring Sourcing Community
In this playbook, we speak about sourcing techniques and hacks for different social networks where you can find developers, software engineers, UX designers, DevOps, etc. Our experts share their step-by-step guide on how to build boolean searches and how to filter candidates. The playbook will be useful to recruiters who: want to make the most […]
Disclaimer: The article is created based on materials provided by Yves Greijn, Lead Engineering Sourcer (ex-QuantumBlack, now Miro), Neha Naik, CEO of recruitgyan.com, and Monika Nemcova (AIHR, ex-Content Marketer from harver.com) How do you measure your recruiting success? We have prepared an ultimate list of recruiting metrics to be checked regularly. All metrics formulas can be found […]
If cold and warm emails to candidates cause you as much pain as they do to us, and you are looking forward to improving your daily performance as an HR or recruiter, this article is for you.